As my last article “Make Your Email Sales Letter Welcome” mentioned, one of the reasons of ineffective email promotion is sending unsolicited emails. I will discuss how to send email in the legal way for export promotion.
Email is one of the most cost-effective direct marketing tools to promote products and develop valuable relationships with existing customers. However, the email marketing environment is changing. There are CAN-Spam Act against spam in the United States in 2004 and other laws are being set up around the world. These anti-spam laws covers all emails for commercial advertisement or promotion of a product or service but excludes emails related to transactional relationships such as follow-ups to client requests, and billing statements, etc.
In order to avoid spamming (sending unsolicited commercial email), you must strictly follow the guidelines below:
1) Send email to people who consent to receive it by using permission mail list
2) Don’t use softwares or an automated means to collect email addresses in internet
3) Don’t purchase or rent harvested email addresses (usually in the generic form such as firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.). Email addresses obtained by crawling websites is illegal. Moreover, email addresses in the website are generally not the exact buyer’s contact.
4) Don’t use third party email addresses or domain names to send emails without their permission
5) Don’t falsify headers (your email originating address or transmission path)
6) Use a subject line that accurately describes the content of your message. Avoid deceptive subject line.
7) Include a real return email address and unsubscribe link in your email sales letter. The un-subscribe requests must be honored within ten days.
8) Include your company name, actual full postal address, and contact infomation if you send commercial email (or promotion)
9) Add a message to indicate the email’s sexual nature in the subject line or the top of the email if you send sexually related email.
As a conclusion, it is very important to send permission emails according to the recipient’s need and request. Do it but don’t be excessive. Our world importers directory provide a good lead source and email marketing tool for your export promotion.
Past Articles to read: